- Board Briefing began promptly at 1 P.M.
- Michael Notaro – International President employed and skillfully executed a novel acknowledgment tactic in his opening remarks
- A moment of silence was observed for Toastmasters who passed away in the last 12 months
- Notaro reaffirmed the four core values of Toastmasters during the delivery of his President’s Report
- Noteworthy: 1,272 new clubs were formed in 2011 – 2012 term
- Toastmasters Unique Selling Proposition is Experiential Learning – ” Learning by Doing” – Michael Notaro
- Immediate Past President, Pat Johnson, spoke of Toastmasters founder Ralph Smedley Read her comments here
- Daniel Rex delivered the Executive Director’s Report Read more here
- First Vice President George Yen disclosed his insights on why the 2012 – 2013 term will be a special one. The numbers add up to one awesome year…Here’s why.
- A Panel Discussion on the Accredited Speaker Designation was held. See the comments of panelist Dilip Abayasekara via Toastmasters Twitter account @Toastmasters
- The Flag Ceremony spotlighted the cultures of the 116 countries in which Toastmasters clubs operate. Photos from this segment of the proceedings are available via Twitter as well.
- Keynote speaker Joel Manby inspired the audience to “Lead with Love” What’s Love got to do with it? Visit @Toastmasters on Twitter to learn more.
Also, remember you can purchase coverage of Day One http://www.onlineevent.com/ToastmastersConvention/
Day Two sees the excitement of the International Speech Contest and more… http://www.toastmasters.org/Members/Convention/IntSpeechContest.aspx
What was the highlight of Day One for you? Join the conversation on Twitter using hashtag #TIConv12